4 best grill pans — Rating 2022
Author: Inna Alekseeva
Choosing a truly high-quality grill pan, to which nothing sticks and does not burn, is not easy. Our review includes only the best models for cooking juicy steak and healthy vegetables.
The best grill pans
The rating selected practical, durable and easy-to-use frying pans from trusted manufacturers.
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality, durable cast iron;
- Beautiful design;
- Convenient square shape;
- Big size.
This pan is so thick and heavy that it’s easy to cook without oil. The cast product is polished by hand and processed with a sandblaster — the surface is perfectly smooth, without roughness.
The outer side of the pan is covered with glass-based enamel, which protects the metal from rust and damage. Enamel is also applied on the inner surface, thanks to which the material does not oxidize and does not enter into a chemical reaction with products. The coating is not afraid of scratches and mechanical stress.
Small cast, but comfortable handles make it possible to put the grill pan in the oven. Sides with a height of 4.5 cm allow you to cook a fairly large amount of food.
Signature «works» with all types of plates. And most importantly, it does not require pre-calcination or other processing before use. The model is sold in several colors.
Reasons to buy:
- Swiss quality;
- Non-scratching surface based on diamond grit and silicon;
- Large volume.
The frying pan heats up evenly, which guarantees high-quality and fast frying of meat. It is able to withstand temperatures up to 260 degrees, that is, it is also suitable for the oven. The Swiss Diamond XD grill works with any stove, including induction. The model is deep and large: the volume of 5 liters is enough for a large company.
And it is also allowed to wash it in the dishwasher — in the care it is completely unpretentious. Nothing will happen to the dishes, even if they are poured with cold water directly from the stove. In addition, the coating allows the use of metal devices.
Reasons to buy:
- Suitable for oven and all types of stoves;
- Non-stick inner coating;
- Encapsulated bottom.
A beautiful grill pan suitable for any type of stove. Her handle is not removable, so you can safely send it to the oven too. The frying pan is made of high quality stainless steel, which is not afraid of scratches, bumps and falls. It is well washed both by hand and in the dishwasher.
The model is used in home and professional kitchens. The peculiarity of the grill pan is that between the two layers of stainless steel there is a thick aluminum insert. This ensures uniform heating, slow cooling and good heat dissipation.
PFO-free ceramic coating is completely safe. Recesses on both sides of the pan allow you to carefully shift the contents into another dish, drain the melted fat or juice.
Reasons to buy:
- Ease of use;
- Preservation of the aroma of dishes inside;
- Durable non-stick coating.
Thanks to the three-layer coating, nothing sticks to an aluminum pan, but it is better not to use metal objects and abrasive cleaners. However, the manufacturer allows you to wash it in the dishwasher.
The silicone rim ensures a tight closure of the pan, preserving the aroma of the dish and preventing the spread of odors. Bakelite handles have built-in magnets that prevent the doors from accidentally opening when turned over. The kit comes with a spare silicone gasket, which can be easily replaced if necessary.
In a double frying pan, food is cooked on gas, induction and electric stoves with little or no oil.
How to choose a grill pan
Before buying a grill pan, we recommend measuring the dimensions of the burners of the induction cooker, as well as making internal measurements of the oven.
As for the shape, the most convenient for grilling is square. It is more capacious, it is easier to place steaks, mushrooms and vegetables on its surface. It is also placed in the oven, and on any stove, and there are usually no problems with storage in cabinets.
For baking in the oven, any model in shape is suitable, but you need to take into account its size. It is convenient to cook a whole fish, chicken fillet or salmon in an oval pan.
The best material for a grill pan is cast iron or cast aluminum. It is better to refuse stamped aluminum immediately, because such thin dishes are definitely not suitable for cooking.
- Cast aluminum is good at heating up quickly and being easy to maintain, but it lasts less than cast iron.
- A cast iron skillet takes a long time to heat up but retains heat just as long. The meat in such dishes will be more juicy and well-done. The main thing is to wash the grill immediately after cooking, and avoid prolonged contact with water.
The handle can be molded, fixed or removable, but in any case, it must support the weight of the dishes. The detachable handle is convenient when using dishes in the oven and storing in the refrigerator. Solid cast is good for its reliability — it will never fall off, but it will require the use of tacks. A fixed handle with rivets or bolts is not the most reliable, but a budget option.
Also keep in mind that the higher the rim of the pan, the higher the temperature inside the pan will be. For meat, it is better to choose high sides. The height of the corrugation at the bottom of a good grill should be at least 5 mm, and the more, the better.
Rules for using a grill pan
- Do not use the grill pan for other purposes — cook roasts, sauces, anything with a lot of salt in it.
- Cooking on medium or low heat will increase the life of the cookware.
- For even heating, the pan is placed exactly in the center of the fire source.
- Do not allow empty dishes to overheat. As soon as the pan reaches the desired temperature, immediately start cooking.
- Even if the manufacturer allows the use of metal objects, it is better to use silicone or wooden spatulas to extend the life of the dishes.
- Allow the pan to cool to room temperature after cooking and before washing. Only then can it be washed.
Frequently asked Questions
Why does the grill pan burn?
Either it is of poor quality, or it did not have time to warm up enough before cooking.
How to wash the soot?
Old contaminants are removed by boiling: the pan is completely immersed in a large container of water and brought to a boil. Soda or liquid detergent is added to the water.
Why is it better to use a grill pan for meat?
During frying, the juice from the products does not fry to them, but flows into the space between the protruding ribs and evaporates from there. So the meat is not greasy, but soft.
- House with an attic — design of a house with an attic and a garage, a terrace, a bay window
- How to fertilize the land — 80 photos and detailed instructions for cultivating the land
- Wooden fences for summer cottages and private houses, design
- Gardening the yard — 95 photos of the best ideas for arranging and reconstructing the site
- Finishing a house from a bar — design of house facades and interior wall decoration
- Без рубрики
- Благоустройство участка
- Дача, сад, огород
- Двор и ограждения
- Деревья кустарники
- Дизайн сада
- Мангалы, коптильни
- Озеленение участка
- Участок с нуля
- Цветы и травы
- Элементы сада