105 montage photos of the most popular designs
As a rule, when installing the gate, the owner of the site is guided by one goal — to prevent free access. Gates of various types and designs can cope with this task. When choosing the appropriate type, ease of use and compactness are most often guided.
Sliding gates meet these requirements, therefore they are quite a popular type of gate. The design is a complex mechanism, but many manufacturers offer a ready-made version with all the components for sale. You can install sliding gates yourself, showing patience and creativity.
The appearance of the sliding gate is also not bad and can become a real decoration of the site. Therefore, when choosing a suitable design, consider all the nuances. To do this, you can familiarize yourself with the photo of sliding gates, which can be found in abundance on the Internet.
Brief content of the article:
Pros and cons
The positive features of the gate on rollers include:
- Compactness. They do not take up much space, allowing for free movement of vehicles.
- The bottom mount cantilever system provides a secure and easy installation in all weather conditions.
- The opportunity to express yourself as a creative person when finishing is a rich assortment of material. You can finish the gate with a profiled sheet or forging.
- Wide range of variations.
- Long time use.
- Application of automated systems.
Retractable gates have some disadvantages. Let’s list them:
- To install this option, you will have to spend more money than when installing other gates.
- The console part requires for its installation the creation of a foundation — a foundation.
- Despite the significant savings in space in general, additional space is needed for the retractable part.
Varieties of designs
The modern stage of development of society is characterized by an abundance of various forms and designs. The same applies to sliding gates.
One of the variations is hanging. There is such a modification since ancient times and is characterized by high reliability.
The essence of hanging gates is that the material on wheels is attached to beams located at a height of about five meters. That is, a kind of height restriction for cars is formed.
Console option. As mentioned earlier, the variation is resistant to weather conditions such as snow, gusts of wind, and so on. Cantilever doors do not place any limits on the height of machines. The design requires the construction of a foundation for stability.
Modification of the gate, which are based on screw piles. Metal piles about 1.5 meters long are placed in the ground and play the role of load-bearing. As a rule, they are made and installed in a short time — 3 days.
Mechanical design — requires manual opening and closing. The undoubted advantages of the variation will be easy installation and low costs. Not a bad option for installation in a place that is not often visited.
Gates on an automatic mechanism are the most convenient option for permanent use.
Another interesting option is a gate with a gate.
We calculate the dimensions of the structure
Calculations should begin before installation begins and even before the purchase of the gate itself. The whole procedure is:
- Determine the size of the opening, in accordance with which the design and dimensions will be selected.
- Calculate counterweight.
- Assume the mass of the gate.
- Create design outlines, gate drawings.
All these calculations can be performed by yourself, it is easier, but it will be more expensive to contact specialists.
Consider the meaning and significance of each element of the calculation procedure.
What are the opening dimensions for? The dimensions of the opening will determine the dimensions of the gate. So, the width of the gate will be equal to the sum of the width of the opening, the width of the indents for closing and opening, as well as the width of the opening from the center to the center of the carriages. Thus, the gate will be wider than the opening.
Equilibrium. To achieve balance of the leaves, it is necessary to calculate the counterweight so that the weight of the gate is evenly distributed.
The mass of the leaves is calculated to determine the indicators of the guide beam using standards. The period of operation of the structure will depend on this. The calculation is made by determining the weight of the materials from which the sashes are made.
Based on the foregoing, the strength of the constituent parts is calculated. These include a roller, a catcher, a supporting tire. In other words, the details are called accessories for sliding gates.
Strength must be calculated in order to determine whether the gate will withstand gusts of wind of a certain strength. To ensure stability in windy weather, it is necessary to choose a combination of gates and fittings in which the strength of the parts would be higher than the calculated weight of the leaves.
What does the structure consist of?
Sliding gates include the following parts required for gate installation:
- guide beams that act as a carrier;
- roller supports;
- roller that can be removed;
- sail and load regulators — catchers;
- as a fastener, a bracket is used that protects the gate from swaying;
- a support that provides mobility to the flaps and a stand to it.
The foundation is also an integral part of sliding gates on a cantilever basis. Supports for rollers are placed on it, the load of the carrier is distributed on them. The rollers themselves are placed inside the console.
The sashes themselves must also meet certain requirements. Such as stability, reliability in bad weather, strong winds, some rigidity. All these requirements ensure the functioning of the gate leaves.
Visually, the composition of the structure can be represented by a scheme of sliding gates.
The sash will move inside, within the site, and nothing should interfere with it. It is necessary to take into account such moments when preparing the opening for the gate. And only after taking into account all the details, you can install sliding gates on your site.
The installation procedure can be divided into several stages:
- foundation — needs to be done to create stability;
- conduction of electric current;
- the location of a special column in a certain place;
- integration into the automation system for gates and its launch.
Thus, you can install sliding gates with your own hands, or you can use the services of professionals.
Photo of sliding gates
Save the article to your page:
Post published: 14.10
Join the discussion: