Options for finishing the facade of a private house
The appearance of the house plays a big role in the overall perception and can tell a lot about the owners. And in addition to a purely decorative function, facade decoration is necessary for additional insulation and waterproofing of walls. Today, there are many options for finishing the facade of the house, and we will consider the most common of them.
Seven options for finishing the facade of a private house
We present a list of popular finishing methods that can transform your home beyond recognition:
- Plaster. The so-called wet finish, which can take place using different materials such as mineral, acrylic, silicate and silicone plaster. All of them, with the exception of the first one, will serve you for at least 20 years and have their own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages that must be considered when making a decision.
- Brick cladding. This material has many positive characteristics, such as heat retention, fire safety, breathability, naturalness, beauty. That’s just such a finish will cost more than plastering. You can choose from a variety of colors and textures. For laying bricks, you will have to hire professionals, which will require additional financial costs, but this will pay off with the durability and high decorativeness of the resulting finish.
- Ceramic tiles — this option for finishing the facade of a country house is one of the best, with its help you can create a completely exclusive exterior, and the strength and durability of the material will envy all the rest. The tile is absolutely not afraid of moisture, temperature changes, fire. And among the huge range of colors and patterns, including imitating wood and stone, you will surely choose the option that suits you.
- Siding panels. A fairly simple way of cladding, you can completely master the installation of panels on your own. There are several types of siding available. These are vinyl, wood, metal, cement and basement. Each of them has its own advantages and is designed for high operational loads.
- Sandwich panels. The material consists of two layers with a layer of insulation, for which it got its name. It is very varied and beautiful. Finishing them will cost a lot, but it is advisable in terms of aesthetics and thermal insulation of the house.
- Stone — natural and artificial. Such a finish obviously carries large financial costs, but this is the choice of connoisseurs of high aesthetics and an investment in the future, since nothing will have to be redone for several decades. Artificial stone, unlike natural stone, provides more opportunities for design solutions, moreover, the properties of materials differ little.
- Cassette facade. The so-called ventilated facades involve the use of metal cassettes, which are mounted on special structures in a hidden or open way. At the same time, there is a huge selection of colors, sizes and textures of cassettes, which gives a large field for design fantasies.
Plinth cladding is an important component
Special requirements are imposed on the materials for finishing the basement. They must have additional strength, moisture resistance, durability. And the most important property is the ability of the material to repel water.
The process of finishing the basement is also particularly difficult. It is more time-consuming and consists of several stages, such as leveling, impregnation, treatment with strengthening compounds.
Among the best options for basement decoration are siding, clinker tiles, natural and artificial stone.