Landscape garden, when with nature on «you»
A landscape style garden is not just a direction of landscape design. Throughout the history of its existence, it has received several independent currents.
The gardens of England, Provence, Japanese, Dutch and New Wave are all varieties of a style that imitates the corners of untouched nature.
And no matter how “disarranged” such landscapes look, the illusion of simplicity reigns in them, behind which there is painstaking work. Work not only creators, but also gardeners who maintain the «natural picture» of the landscape.
PROPORTIONS in the garden, this is the ratio of heights and volumes of the largest objects — trees.
Large trees form the backbone of the garden, and their location determines how the landscape will be perceived in twenty years:
- like a mysterious «forest»
- abandoned garden
- or giant trees in the middle of the «steppe» …
It is difficult to voice the universal formula for choosing the type of natural landscape without seeing the object, but you need to start somewhere …
IMPORTANT: a landscape garden is not for a small area, because the yard area will look untidy.
HOW FAST «GROW» GARDEN
- large stones, on an uneven landscape, will give the landscape expressiveness;
- a pond with natural outlines is always a mirror of water, breaking the monotony of the grass cover, and if plants are planted along the banks, then it is also the center of attraction for the eye;
- the gravel paths winding between the rises and disappearing behind the mounds are an enticing invitation to walk along them;
- a lawn sown over the entire area of \u200b\u200bthe site will at first cope with the task of maintaining cleanliness, but without large trees or flower beds, such a garden will look “poor”;
- arrays of perennial grasses will enrich the palette of a young landscape, but they require a large amount of planting material and, until they grow, will become the most labor-intensive element.
What else to read on the site:
Herb garden — a difficult element of the landscape
Such a kind of garden landscape as a herb garden has existed and developed since the 70s of the last century. It was then that landscape gardens gradually began to come into fashion. Breeders paid attention to wild herbs and began to use them in landscape compositions.
Flower garden for many years: long-lived plants
Perennial mixborders are an amazingly beautiful decoration of the yard and garden. But when planting a flower mix, it should be remembered that it must be updated periodically. The fact is that at about the 5th year of life, the rhizome of most perennials begins to degrade, the bush …
The beauty of the gardens created by the famous Dutchman is so simple and extraordinary that you involuntarily catch yourself thinking: yes, how did I not think of this before! However, in order to create what is now called the “new wave” in landscape style gardens, you need …
Coniferous garden — mysterious beauty
The ideal garden is a landscape that is easy to care for and beautiful in all seasons. That is why I personally consider a coniferous garden or a garden in the forest to be the best option for busy people (this is how lucky you are with the site). Judge for yourself: weeds are not terrible for trees and shrubs — young ones can be mulched.